Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturer, built around two iconic British car brands. As such, we recognise the importance in identifying talented people to become the next generation of professional retailer employees, and we are looking for people who share our passion to join our highly successful Retailer Apprenticeship Programme, with opportunities nationwide.
The Jaguar Land Rover Vehicle Sales Executive Apprenticeship
The Vehicle Sales Executive Apprenticeship Programme is geared toward training the right candidate to become a qualified Vehicle Sales Executive. But what does a Vehicle Sales Executive actually do?
Vehicle Sales Executives or vehicle sales people are responsible for selling new and used vehicles.
Duties commonly include:
- Greeting customers, discussing their needs and advising them on the most suitable vehicle
- Arranging test drives
- Negotiating sale and trade-in prices
- Working out finance arrangements and packages, which may include organising registration plates, road tax and delivery of vehicles
- Highlighting any additional products relevant to the customer
- Processing orders and completing relevant paperwork, which may include carrying out stock checks using manufacturers’ databases
- Updating customers on the progress of orders and contacting potential customers to update them about new vehicles and deals
- Updating stock lists
- Managing advertising and updating the website
- Keeping the forecourt and cars clean and tidy
- Providing potential customers with relevant literature and information
- Inspecting vehicles pre- and post- sale
- Attending auctions
In larger organisations you may work as part of a team, specialising in one aspect of selling. In smaller organisations you may be responsible for all aspects of vehicle sales.
As well as employment in our retailer, you will be given the training and support you need to develop both personally and professionally.
Using a combination of classroom based training, e-learning, virtual classroom learning, practical training and application of learning, you will be guided by your trainers and personal mentor along the road to a successful graduation from the programme.
This apprenticeship combines off-the-job training with on-the-job learning and you will be supported every step of the way.
On successful completion of the programme you will receive the following:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard
- Jaguar Land Rover specific certifications
As the main point of contact with our customers you will require exceptional communication skills with the ability to multi-task.
Application numbers for the Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Apprenticeship Programme are high so we are looking for you to demonstrate why you stand out from the crowd.
We are not looking for the finished article; rather we want to identify those people that are ambitious and demonstrate a willingness to learn, who are excited by the prospect of working with our fantastic, technologically advanced vehicles and really engage in the recruitment process. Key personal skills to demonstrate include:
- A willingness to learn
- Engineering interest
- Quality focus
- Personal responsibility and resilience
Minimum entry requirements
Age 16+, GCSE grades A – C (new grades 9 – 4) or equivalent in English, Maths and any other 2 GCSE subjects.
In Scotland, applicants must have or be predicted to achieve National 4 or above in English, Maths and either a Science or Technical subject. Standard Grades 1-4 and Intermediates are also accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key Skills Level 2
- Essential Skills (Wales)
- Functional Skills Level 2
- Core Skills (Scotland)
There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our Retailer Network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your Apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry recognised qualification. Embedded within your training are the Jaguar Land Rover global training materials. This is the grounding for your future development within the network and our Learner Management System Excellence will guide you through your short, medium and long term career path.
Please do not contact the retailer. Babcock Training is the main point of contact for this vacancy and carries out the full recruitment service for the Jaguar Land Rover network. Approaching the retailer directly will not always help your application.